Save your money everyday
The weather has been a little unseasonable lately, but fortunately it won’t last forever. Here is a list of inexpensive things that you can do to save money and be more energy efficient at home, And also this will help our environment:
- Eliminate cold drafts by air sealing your home with caulking and weather-stripping. 25 - 40% of a home’s heat loss can be prevented by proper air sealing.
- Install a programmable thermostat and give your furnace a break while you’re not home.
- Use energy efficient lighting such as compact fluorescents.
- Consider adding insulation, particularly in the attic.
- When buying new windows select energy efficient features. Look for models that are filled with argon gas and that have a low "e"-coating.
- Consider upgrading your furnace, or even switching to a cheaper fuel source.
- Use EnerGuide labels to help you buy energy efficient appliances.
- Unplug that second fridge that you never use.
- Install a water saving showerhead.
- Change your furnace filter once a month.
- Install a humidifier on your furnace.
- Fix leaky faucets - a dripping tap can waste up to 160 liters of water per day.